Mushroom Alfredo Cavatappi
- 8 ounces cavatappi or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 2/3 cup brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package creamy Alfredo sauce mix
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
COOK pasta in salted water according to package instructions; drain.
- Step 2
MELT butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Stir in half-and-half, coffee, cumin, garlic and sauce mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cook 2 minutes.
- Step 3
STIR in drained pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Step 5
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM ALFREDO: FOLLOW directions above and stir in 1 lb. cooked, sliced Italian sausage before serving.