Coffee Chip Drops
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 10 Min
Servings 3 1/2
- 1 tbsp. Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 2 tbsps. milk
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 30 to 40 chocolate kiss candies
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 375°F.
- Step 2
DISSOLVE coffee crystals in milk. Combine brown sugar, shortening and vanilla; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg and coffee; beat well.
- Step 3
COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Step 4
BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and just set. Place 1 candy in center of each cookie. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.