Cafe de Olla Ice Cream
- 1 cup hot brewed Folgers® Black Silk Coffee
- OR 1 cup hot brewed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/16 to 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 tsps. finely grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- Step 1
COMBINE hot coffee, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in 2-quart bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until blended.
- Step 2
COVER and chill until very cold.* Stir in heavy cream, orange peel and vanilla.
- Step 3
FREEZE in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Pack frozen mixture into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Heat fudge topping according to package directions. Serve over ice cream.
- Step 4
*To speed the cooling process: Fill a large bowl about halfway with ice cubes and cold water. Set 2-quart bowl containing coffee mixture inside large bowl. Stir until very cold, about 5 to 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe. If you prefer, coffee mixture can be chilled several hours or overnight.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.