Cafe Con Leche Muffins
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsps. butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. water
- 2 tbsps. Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Step 1
For topping, COMBINE flour, sugar and butter in small bowl. Mash with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Step 2
HEAT oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Stir together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until blended. In small bowl, stir together water and coffee crystals until dissolved. Stir in milk, vinegar and vanilla.
- Step 3
BEAT shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with electic mixer on high speed 1 minute. Beat in egg until blended. Gradually blend in flour mixture in three parts, alternating with milk mixture, just until blended. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Step 4
SPRINKLE topping mixture evenly over muffin batter. Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.