Almond Mocha Cookie Bars
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tbsps. Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Folgers® Instant Coffee crystals
- 1 tbsp. hot water
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
SPREAD almonds on baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring several times. Cool completely. Chop coarsely.
- Step 3
COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, coffee crystals, milk, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.
- Step 4
COMBINE flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and reserved almonds. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Step 5
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 2 x 1 1/2-inch bars.
- Step 6
STIR coffee and hot water until dissolved; let cool slightly. Combine powdered sugar and coffee in small bowl; stir until well blended. Add additional water, a little at a time, if frosting is too thick, or add additional powdered sugar, if frosting is too thin. Drizzle glaze over bars.