Don't know what to do with your leftover grounds? Rather than throwing them away, try recycling them in one of our interesting ways.
- Use coffee grounds as plant food. Dilute your leftover coffee grounds to make your very own homemade plant food. To make, mix one part leftover coffee grounds with four parts cool water, and water your plants once every other week.
- Touch up furniture and other wood scratches with grounds and a cotton swab. It's an easy, inexpensive way to restore your furnishings.
- Throw coffee grounds on ashes before cleaning out the fireplace to reduce the spread of dust.
- Use coffee grounds to dye clothing or paper.
Don't forget that our Folgers® AromaSeal® containers and lids are recyclable. We use the same materials found in most laundry detergent bottles, juice containers, and milk jugs.
Our K-Cup® pods can be recycled in three easy steps. CAUTION POD IS HOT. ALLOW TO COOL AFTER USE.
- Starting at the puncture, peel the lid off and dispose
- Compost or dispose the coffee grounds (filter can remain)
- Recycle -- check locally* to recycle empty cup
*Not recycled in all communities.
The J.M. Smucker Company considers both environmental and social sustainability to be among our many responsibilities. See other ways we try and do our part to be a good corporate citizen.