Back to How-to Videos
Making a latte is easy and affordable with Folgers® Coffee. Now, you can fix yourself one of the most popular specialty coffee drinks at home.
Use these illustrated steps to follow along with the video, or print them to keep as a guide.
- First, steam the milk. Heat 1 cup of milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Let the milk simmer until bubbles form around the edges, but don’t boil the milk. Remove the pan from heat and set it on a flat surface.
- Next, whip the milk with an electric mixer, increasing the speed as the milk begins to thicken. Continue mixing until you get the desired volume of froth.
- Now, brew the coffee. If you are using a coffeemaker, use 2 tablespoons of Folgers French Roast Coffee per 5 to 6 ounces of water. If you are using a 4-cup capacity French press, use 8 tablespoons of coffee. See more tips on how to make coffee in a French press.
- Once the coffee is finished brewing, it’s time to make your drink. For the basic latte, combine 3 ounces of espresso coffee with 7 ounces of steamed milk.
Try these ideas for adding a little something extra to your specialty drink:
- Flavored syrups can put a delicious spin on just about any coffee drink. They’re available in a variety of flavors, such as vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, and more. Look for them in the coffee aisle at your local grocery. To prepare, microwave the syrup for 30 seconds on high before adding to your drink.
- Sweetened whipped cream is another popular coffeehouse topping that can be re-created at home. Use a refrigerated store-bought product, or make your own.
- Specialty coffee drinks can be finished with a sprinkle of cinnamon cocoa or Smucker’s® Sundae Syrup™ Flavored Syrups.
Smucker’s and Sundae Syrup are trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company.