Three Bean Java Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, for garnish
- Step 1
COOK beef, onion and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
- Step 2
STIR in coffee, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and beans. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Step 3
Garnish with cheese and green onions.