Savory Pot Roast with Java Au Jus
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 to 5 pounds beef eye roast
- 1 cup brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- 1 (1 oz.) packet onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced white or portabello mushrooms
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350° F. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- Step 2
COMBINE coffee, soup mix, vinegar, corn starch, garlic powder, thyme and bay leaves in medium bowl. Pour over meat. Cover pan. Roast 1 hour; add mushrooms. Roast an additional 1 to 1 1 /2 hours or until desired doneness.
- Step 3
DISCARD bay leaves. Remove roast to serving platter. Season gravy with salt and pepper to taste. Serve roast with gravy.
- Step 5
FOLLOW directions in steps 1 and 2, placing roast in slow cooker. Cook 5 to 6 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW, until meat is fork tender. Follow step 3 to complete recipe.
SLOW COOKER METHOD