Beef Medallions with Creamy Balsamic Coffee Sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar divided
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced white or baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Step 1
DISSOLVE 1 teaspoon coffee crystals in 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush onto beef.
- Step 2
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil in two batches, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Cover with foil. Cook mushrooms in remaining pan juices until desired doneness.
- Step 3
DISSOLVE remaining 1/4 teaspoon coffee crystals in broth in small bowl. Add cream, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Pour into skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Spoon sauce over beef.