Tex-Mex Sheet Cake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 cup strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- OR 1 cup strong brewed Folgers® Black Silk Coffee
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds or pecans*
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 15x10-inch jellyroll pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
MELT 1 cup butter. Whisk in 1/4 cup cocoa until smooth. Stir in brewed coffee.
- Step 3
STIR flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture and beat with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute. Beat in 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Step 4
MELT remaining 1/4 cup butter. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and sweetened condensed milk. Dissolve 1 tablespoon coffee crystals in water. Add to frosting mixture. Beat stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread on warm cake. Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
- Step 5
*To make strong brewed coffee: Measure 1/4 cup Folgers Classic Roast or Black Silk Ground Coffee for each 1 1/4 cups cold water. Brew in coffeemaker as desired.
- Step 6
*To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.