Coffee Toffee Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsps. butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsps. Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2
COMBINE 1/2 cup melted butter, oats, brown sugar, flour, nuts and baking soda in large bowl. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Step 3
BAKE 10 to 15 minutes or until surface is bubbly. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan, over medium heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, coffee and vanilla. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Pour over crust.
- Step 4
BAKE an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let stand 1 minute. Spread chocolate while warm. Cool thoroughly. Refrigerate 30 minutes if chocolate is still soft. Cut into bars.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.